13970Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Tires for Big Dummy

  • Steve Fuller
    Feb 7, 2012
      Studs are really only helpful (IMO) if there's a lot of ice around. If it's just snow, all they do is get down to the pavement and wear down and cause drag.

      You might consider a wider tire at a lower pressure to get a wider footprint as an option. I've also seen bike "chains" that fit around a tire and can be put on and removed depending on when the weather is good or bad. I will be honest in saying that I don't ride my BD in snow so I don't have any practical experience, but I do ride cross bikes, MTBs and my Salsa Mukluk on ice and snow.

      Steve

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic