      From: "polarbear1101" <polarbear1101@...>
      Sender: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 16:43:50
      To: <rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [rootsradicals] Tires for Big Dummy

      Who can give me some advice on tires for the Big Dummy? I ride about 15 miles daily, mainly hard gravel and city streets. I have no car so I often carry loads as well. I have Continental Town & Country tires on the bike right now and I like them quite a bit.

      I do have 2 problems:
      1) On a monthly basis I have a flat tire because of glass etc and am therefore considering the Marathon Plus from Schwalbe. Anybody using that tire?
      2) I'm frequently riding on snow and ice right now now and fell twice already :( If I can't get a good allrounder with a better grip in those conditions, does anybody have advice on good winter tires?

      I have heard a lot of people using the Big Apple tires on their dummy. What are the advatages of that tire?
      Thanks!