13964Re: [rootsradicals] Tires for Big Dummy

  • Steve Lange
    Feb 6, 2012
      Not much help probably - but I run the same 2.1" Conti Town & Countries and in nearly 4 years of use (between my Xtracycle and now my BD) I've had precisely one flat tire. In general I've found they're very flat resistant - not sure if the BAs will be more so, to be honest.  That said, the BAs probably provide a more supple and less resistant ride, so maybe it's worth it :-)

      Good luck, tires are a pretty personal thing in that each rider's conditions and riding style differs, often significantly. You kinda just have to try stuff out and see what works best for you.

      Steve

      On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM, polarbear1101 <polarbear1101@...> wrote:
      Who can give me some advice on tires for the Big Dummy? I ride about 15 miles daily, mainly hard gravel and city streets. I have no car so I often carry loads as well. I have Continental Town & Country tires on the bike right now and I like them quite a bit.

      I do have 2 problems:
      1) On a monthly basis I have a flat tire because of glass etc and am therefore considering the Marathon Plus from Schwalbe. Anybody using that tire?
      2) I'm frequently riding on snow and ice right now now and fell twice already :( If I can't get a good allrounder with a better grip in those conditions, does anybody have advice on good winter tires?

      I have heard a lot of people using the Big Apple tires on their dummy. What are the advatages of that tire?
      Thanks!

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: