13906Re: Marrying old and new freeloaders

  • robbie_thek@ymail.com
    Dec 28, 2011
      Uh, buckles are stitched onto Freeloaders. That's interesting that XC sells replacement buckles. I wonder how they expect customers to attach the buckles. I'd have to get a sewing awl and appropriate heavy-duty nylon thread. So, for $8.00 plus the cost of a sewing awl I can adapt my Freeloaders to their arbitrary change?

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Pete B <nackterman@...> wrote:
      > Can you take the buckle sets off the old Freeloader and thread them onto
      > the new one? Or are the straps different widths?
      > If the old buckles are broken, consider ordering a new set of Freeloader
      > replacement Buckles<http://www.xtracycle.com/cargo-bicycles/cargo-bike-accessories/freeloader-replacement-buckles.html>
      > and
      > fit them to the old Freeloader.
      > .
      > 'The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any
      > member of a civilised community against his will, is to prevent harm to
      > others. He cannot rightfully be compelled for his own good, or because, in
      > the opinion of others, it would be wise, or even right. These are good
      > reasons for persuading him, but not for compelling him.' : John Stuart Mill
      > On 21 December 2011 08:45, robbie_thek@... <ansi41man@...>wrote:
      > > **
      > >

      > > Another incompatibility has come up as I try to make use of a used 2002 XC
      > > Free Radical and Freeloaders. One Freeloader came to me without a
      > > Sidewinder (old optional band to keep things from falling out the back) so
      > > I followed XC's advice and bought a new Freeloader for that side. Now I
      > > find that XC changed the buckles that are used on the top straps and I
      > > can't cross-strap my loads. Has anybody figured out a way to modify the
      > > buckles so that the old and new buckles will cross-connect? Thanks in
      > > advance.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic