13891Re: [rootsradicals] Marrying old and new freeloaders

  • Pete B
    Dec 20, 2011
      Can you take the buckle sets off the old Freeloader and thread them onto the new one? Or are the straps different widths?

      If the old buckles are broken, consider ordering a new set of Freeloader replacement Buckles and fit them to the old Freeloader.

      .
      'The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community against his will, is to prevent harm to others. He cannot rightfully be compelled for his own good, or because, in the opinion of others, it would be wise, or even right. These are good reasons for persuading him, but not for compelling him.' : John Stuart Mill

      On 21 December 2011 08:45, robbie_thek@... <ansi41man@...> wrote:

      Another incompatibility has come up as I try to make use of a used 2002 XC Free Radical and Freeloaders. One Freeloader came to me without a Sidewinder (old optional band to keep things from falling out the back) so I followed XC's advice and bought a new Freeloader for that side. Now I find that XC changed the buckles that are used on the top straps and I can't cross-strap my loads. Has anybody figured out a way to modify the buckles so that the old and new buckles will cross-connect? Thanks in advance.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic