13878Re: 700c FreeRad on a MTB, advisable?

  • speedub_nate
    Dec 11, 2011
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Proxy" <lists@...> wrote:

      > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "speedub_nate"
      > > the tongue of the FreeRad wouldn't reach the bridge on the 29"ers chainstay.
      >
      > Thanks, Nate. I see the point, I'm not familiar with 29er frames, it would not have occurred to me that the freerad tongue would not be long enough. Swooping out the front fork is also interesting an effect I hadn't considered.
      >
      > I better start keeping a measuring tape on hand so I can take notes when I come across a possible donor bike.

      No prob. If you want to see some of the planning I did to get the geometry right, search for xtracycle blackbuck geometry and take a look at my mtbr thread (Blackbuck being the 29er frame I ended up using). Other than fabbing the custom FAP for the tongue to mount to, it all went together pretty easily, despite the frame size.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic