13872Re: [rootsradicals] Looking for "air-heads"!! Need help with compressed air technology

  • David Forbes
    Dec 7, 2011
      On 12/7/2011 2:01 PM, WT wrote:
      > Hello all,
      > I'm working on a compressed air, pedal-assist system. I'm looking for an air-powered motor that can deliver reasonable torque @ lower RPMs and with great efficiency. If anyone that has any leads to such a motor, I'd appreciate it.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Wes Trout
      > sgbikeco

      You might want to look at the tool section of Harbor Freight for a starting
      point. The slower piston-style air motors are in the wrenches rather than the
      grinders, which are vane type. Even if it's too small for your needs, you an get
      a feel for the practicality of the motor for the job.

      That will give you something to play with, then you can go to the motor
      manufacturers such as Tonson for production items if you're planning to go into
      production.

      --
      David Forbes, Tucson, AZ
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic