13841700c FreeRad on a MTB, advisable?

  • Proxy
    Dec 2, 2011
      I'm running a 58cm cyclocross frame with 35mm tires presently,
      but I'm eager to reconfigure with a frame with much lower standover height. I've been considering something like 17" hardtail 29er frame,
      but they are often more expensive, and come with disk brakes and are not as prevalent used as 26" MTB frames.

      I intend to keep my present wheelset. Could I consider doing a rebuild on a 135mm spaced (8speed) mountain bike frame and replace the front fork with a rigid cyclocross fork? Or would my 700c FR not fit a MTB frame because of the change in chainstay lengths?

      Thanks
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic