13804Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Al and suspension

  • Devian Gilbert
    Nov 20, 2011
      fitting the fork to a frame depends on compatibility.
      1.  steer tube diameter
      2.  headset compatibility to frame and fork
      3.  Steer tube length vs headtube height, stack height, and stem.
      4.  Stem compatibility vs headset and steertube types and sizes.
      5.  finally handlebar... handlebar compatibility to stem.  clamping diameters of both steer tube and handlebar clamp.
      6.  geometry of frame and fork

      when I look at the Monark fork, my first impression is that it is not an optimal candidate for a cargo bike.  However, lets say this fork was already on a cruiser type of bicycle and that bike could be a decent cargo bike.

      if a person were to take a modern MTB and try to put that fork on it, and convert it to a cargo bike... I don't think it would be the best idea.

      On Nov 20, 2011, at 11:26 AM, TIM_H wrote:

      Found some Heavy Duty Monark Forks,question is what would it take to fit em? A great price too.

      Anyone know?

      http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bik/2708822029.html

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "skeem2005" <emilyskopp@...> wrote:

      > Why is front suspension bad for an Xtracycle? I understand rear suspension will not work.
      >
      > Is an Aluminum frame strong enough to withstand the torque of the Free Radical?

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic