13757Re: [rootsradicals] Sound system with big round speaker boxes

  • Julio Alvarez
    Oct 25, 2011
      I  turn and bow my head to anyone who is willing to build their own sound system to fit their bike. Yours, my friend, looks just amazing. It looks solid, loud, and quite the eye catcher. Congratulations on a job well done.

      From: nixiebunny <dforbes@...>
      To: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 12:42 PM
      Subject: [rootsradicals] Sound system with big round speaker boxes

      Hi, I just bought a Free Radical to fit my Schwinn cruiser, and turned it into a big 300 watt sound system bike. Naturally, I conceived this on the way home from Burning Man.

      The speaker cabinets are two 32" long 16" diameter Sonotube cylinders with Peavey PA system drivers in the ends. A car amplifier and LiPo batteries complete the setup.

      Video here:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Piz7J-bQk

      It's made from stuff you can buy and put together yourself with only a jigsaw and a drill. Total cost including the Free Radical was about $1000. It took me two weeks to build.

      Questions and comments welcome.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic