13500Re: [rootsradicals] receiving, reassembling Xtracycle in Oakland

  • Ben Rosenthal
    Jul 10, 2011
      Fortunately, shipping UPS was the most convenient option for me since I've been living in a rural area. I reformed a standard bike box into approximate Cannondale dimensions (48x29x12) and took it with Theo and all his accessories, including helmet, lock, Camelbak, etc., to my LBS for assistance with disassembly and packaging. Then I brought the whole filled box home, printed a label, and put it on the porch. (We receive UPS deliveries several times a week.) The improved bike box saved me a bundle and I paid about $70.