13488Re: Step through longbike?

  • soappedaler
    Jul 5 6:26 AM
      I have had no issues with the Rolling Jackass rubbing against any bike part, which is one reason I spent the extra money on th RJ. While researching the 2 kickstands the kickback seemed to have several issues particularly with the Dummy frame. I'm not one to tinker with bike parts, just want them to work. The handlebar deployment is worth every penny.

      > On 2011-07-04, at 11:33 AM, soappedaler wrote:
      >
      > > I'm 5' 3" and had a problem getting on and off my fully loaded Dummy until I got the rolling jackass kickstand. It was hard to press the buy now button because of the price but now wish I had done it sooner. What I really like about it is the handlebar deployment, you can put the kickstand down before you swing your leg over. It's so stable I can sit on the back of my bike. With kids on the back a double kickstand will make your life easier loading and unloading them too.
      >
      > What's the chain clearance like on the Rolling Jackass? One "issue" I've had with the kickback, has been a rubbing chain, if my front chainring was too small, or my tensioner/chain-length was not adjusted just-so.
      >
      > And "wish I had done it sooner" seems like the story of my life, sometimes. Certainly true for bikes.
      >
      > David

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic