13468Re: [rootsradicals] Step through longbike?

    Jun 30, 2011
      On 2011-06-30, at 10:42 PM, David Chase wrote:

      > REI has bikes. http://www.rei.com/product/791245/novara-fiona-womens-bike-2011
      > Step through, threadless fork, but it's only 63mm travel (hence, will the Surly 1x1 work?)

      I think it has disk tabs already, so this might fit your description better than I thought.

      It would be great if you could lock out the suspension fork, but if not, just dial it up to as stiff as possible.
      The rider weight on the longer lever arm will tend to work it very hard on an xtracycle; you will want to
      take care of it. I am not sure how to regard it, on the long list of plusses and minuses -- I had one on my
      xtracycle before I bought a Big Dummy, and I didn't know how to work on it, and it does suck up a little bit
      of power, but more than once I noticed that I could keep nice control of the bike riding fast on a really awful
      road, and it was clearly because of the suspension in front.