12921Re: [rootsradicals] angle iron thickness

    Dec 1, 2010
      I temporarily fabbed a fake FAP when I first acquired an xtracycle. Pictures here, some blurry.

      The angle iron was nothing special, BUT I used large washer to spread the load off the freeradical tongue and the head of the bolt, and also used some gasket material to protect the frame and prevent rattling (note that I needed two FAPS, and the geometry of the bike really wanted the tongue to be between them. So I stacked washers until I the play was well less than the thickness of the gasket stuff.