12856RE: [rootsradicals] PDW Radbot 1000 on Sale

  • Matthew Brealey
    Nov 8, 2010

      I have a Magicshine MJ-818 on my Ute (mounted using the supplied o-ring to the rack)

      It runs off a custom 4x18650 (lithium) battery pack

      I bought mine as a set with battery pack and charger for $58 http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.42077

      Battery life is around nine hours, then it switches to blinking mode before dying several hours later.

      They are 85 lumens. 3 Watts.

      They are pretty blindingly bright:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY08heMJpnE

      Reliability is from what I’ve heard questionable – if you want quality, then Dinotte is the way to go:

      140L:  $120 (uses AA batteries (not supplied) in a supplied pouch) – 140 lumens

      300R: $200 (integrated battery, USB charging)  - 300 lumens

      400R: $229 (with 2-cell battery – 400 lumens

      There are some shots of the 140L against the MJ-818 here http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=620340

      Basically:

      PBSF: ½ watt

      Radbot 1000: 1W

      M7-818: 3W

      Dinotte 140L: 3W, but with better optics