12718Re: Suggestions for bike compatible with Xtracycle

  • Rich
    Oct 5, 2010
      Looking at the specifications on the Madsen, and reading your post, how is the gearing on it? I note that the gearing seems limited with the single chain ring. I definitely find the triple rings on my Big Dummy useful in an area such as Reno with some hilly areas. The same comment applies to the Radish too IMO. If buying either one I would want to upgrade to a triple crankset and front derailleur.

      I note that the Yuba Mundo has gone from single chainring originally to triple chainrings on the V3 model. It seems to me like all cargo bikes should have triple chainrings at least as a factory option unless fitted with a wide range geared hub setup.

      Rich Wood