11973Re: 200 pound capacity cargo bike

  • philip_b_chase
    Jul 11, 2010
      I routinely did the same on my X and later my BD with passengers and their cargo. With this load there is a bit of flex in the X, but none on the Dummy. With cargo of similar mass I can usually perceive some flex even on the Dummy. I'm not sure if it was because the load was low and wide--it usually was--or if my kids were better at damping out the oscillations when they were part of that 200 pounds of load.

      As to hills, no thanks--not with 200 lbs of cargo and passengers. I can do it, but it is not enjoyable. When I am relatively unloaded on level ground I keep pace with anyone not in Spandex. I think the Spandex makes the wearer think all of life is a race. How sad.

      As to videos, nope not a one.

      Philip

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "akatemik" <akatemik@...> wrote:

      > > Hows the 200 pound load on the X, Radish or BD? Any videos?
      >
      > No videos, I haven't found a cameraman. But I've ridden passenger+load combos of roughly 200 pounds on my X for distances up to 10 miles. I'm 165 myself. The weight is probably at my limits; any heavier and I couldn't handle much of a hill. Also there's quite a bit of flex with that much weight on the back, so smooth roads are required (dirt roads are fine if there are no potholes).

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic