11970Re: 200 pound capacity cargo bike

  • David Dannenberg
    Jul 11, 2010
      A lot depends on whether you plan to pedal or add an electric assist, and how much you pedal. I have a BD and it rides (pedaled) like a dream, with or without a load. I have ridden an Yuba Mundo and frankly it is a quite pig by comparison. The YM is however a beefier design. As far as loads, I weigh around 160 and find loads up to about 100 lbs, or riders up to 150lbs pretty comfortable, once under way. Wider loads are less comfortable due to the multiplying effect (leverage) applied by weight further from the center line.

      David Dannenberg
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic