11669Re: bikesdirect.com

  • nate.byerley
    May 5 1:31 PM
      Hey,

      I was just putting up a post on our knowledge base in GetSatisfaction about the importance or properly tensioned wheels.

      http://getsatisfaction.com/xtracycle/topics/the_wheel_deal_do_i_need_new_wheels

      Please comment on my post if you have any thoughts/experience that corroborates or disproves my theories!

      -Nate, Xtracycle Inc.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Carl Mears <mears@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I ordered a road bike in the $700 range from them maybe 7 or 8 years
      > ago. I
      > was happy except for the wheels, which arrived with very low spoke
      > tension and
      > immediately self-destructed. Probably could have been avoided by
      > retensioning
      > before serious riding. - I got a better wheel set and have used this
      > bike ever since.
      >
      > -Carl
      >
      > On May 5, 2010, at 7:47 AM, Andrew Kreps wrote:
      >
      > > On 5/5/10, coach4many <coach4many@...> wrote:
      > > > Anyone ever order from bikesdirect.com.
      > >
      > > I haven't, but I have a friend who has. He's a racer, and he found a
      > > 21lb hardtail mtn bike on there that he couldn't pass up. He's ridden
      > > it for the past year with no complaints.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic