11668Re: [rootsradicals] bikesdirect.com

  • Carl Mears
    May 5, 2010
      Hi

      I ordered a road bike in the $700 range from them maybe 7 or 8 years ago.   I
      was happy except for the wheels, which arrived with very low spoke tension and
      immediately self-destructed.  Probably could have been avoided by retensioning
      before serious riding.   - I got a better wheel set and have used this bike ever since.

      -Carl

      On May 5, 2010, at 7:47 AM, Andrew Kreps wrote:

      On 5/5/10, coach4many <coach4many@yahoo. com> wrote:
      > Anyone ever order from bikesdirect. com.

      I haven't, but I have a friend who has. He's a racer, and he found a
      21lb hardtail mtn bike on there that he couldn't pass up. He's ridden
      it for the past year with no complaints.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic