11642Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Disposable battery taillights review

  • Jeff Snavely
    May 1, 2010
      5 times the price would fall well outside of "comparable product" range for most.

      The Superflash seems to be to be a really poor choice for a light you're leaving in steady mode. The flash patten has always been what this light had going for it. It's never been the brightest - despite the desire of many to crown a successor based on brightness alone.

      On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM, poppamando <b4kids@...> wrote:

      Rich, while this is nice, you missed the opportunity to include the Dinotte 140L-AA-R. This unit uses rechargeable 4 AA batteries. I own this model and it does a fantastic job. I'm sure it would blow most of the others listed away, given how it makes my Superflash look dim by comparison. I use this at night and by day. No matter if it's dark at night, have the sun in the eyes of drivers behind me, or if I disappear into the shadows of trees on a bright sunny day, I'm seen without any problem. I've had numerous compliments about how I can be seen a quarter of a mile away during the day. A co-worker recently told me, "I thought you were a moped!" in the early morning light.

      http://tinyurl.com/Dinotte140L-AA-R

      Read the reviews at the bottom of the page.

      To clarify: I use two Superflash units at night in addition to the Dinotte 140L-AA-R. One of the Superflashes is on the back of my helmet and is left on steady mode. The other is under the rear of my Xtracycle deck and is also left on steady mode. The Dinotte is set on rapid-flash mode. I've never had any driver come close to me in 2 years of pre-dawn riding commuting.

      -Phil

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@...> wrote:

      > I have what I believe are the four highest regarded "high output" AAA and AA taillights currently available in addition to the Dinotte Lithium rechargeable battery pack powered taillight I reviewed recently. These are as follows.
      >
      > Cateye 1100 (AA)
      > Planet Bike SuperFlash (AAA)
      > Blackburn Mars 4.0 (AAA)
      > Portland Design Works Radbot 1000 (AAA)