11634Re: [rootsradicals] Disposable battery taillights review

  • Liam Casey
    May 1, 2010
      The only one of these models I'm familiar with is the Superflash, and
      I find them incredibly annoying: what might have been a calm, pleasant
      night ride with a stranger turns into an overwhelming desire to pass
      them ASAP to get away from that blinding light. While I certainly
      understand the importance of being bright enough to be seen, I also
      think it's important to not blind the person behind you, and that you
      don't need the visual equivalent of a siren to get noticed. Doing so
      is as likely to make a driver want to pass you as quickly as possible
      as it is to make them hold back.

      Just my $0.02.

      Liam

      On Saturday, May 1, 2010, speedub_nate <speedub.nate@...> wrote:

      > There are some videos of the Radbot vs. the Superflash on YouTube. It certainly is brighter than the Superflash, but its flashing mode is curious. I'll have to check one out in person. I imagine Planet Bike will have a Superflash update in the coming months.
      >
      > The Cateye random mode is useless to me. I believe the two rows are on independent circuits and move in and out of phase. While this looks good in the store, out on the street at night is loses visual contrast and doesn't broadcast that "punch" of light to grab a motorists attention, which is why I love the Superflash so dearly.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic