11110Re: [rootsradicals] Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tires?

  • joel
    Mar 2, 2010
      Hi Rich;

      They Big apple rolls a lot better then the marathon+, the marathon+ also
      suffers badly from sidewall wear and cracking if you're not careful
      about keeping the pressure high.

      That said if I could buy one in 50-559 I would run them. have a look at
      what a co-worker of mine did it his

      <http://moz.net.nz/?p=74>

      Cheers

      Joel

      On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 19:19 +0000, Rich wrote:

      > Anyone using these on an Xtracycle or Big Dummmy? I am thinking of
      > getting a pair as I live in goathead country and having a rear flat on
      > the BD out on the road looks like it would be a PITA compared to
      > repairing a flat on a more normal bike with better rear wheel access.
      > They are reputedly about the most puncture resistant bike tires
      > available.
      >
      > Any comparisons of rolling resistance versus Big Apples? I know they
      > are considerably heavier.
      >
      > Rich Wood

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic