11083Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Storage solution

  • Joe Kisley
    Feb 27, 2010
      I have one that I made into a pannier. I'm on the look-out for another so I'll have a matching pair. I just covered up the labels on mine with various bike stickers. Works for me and the kitty litter labels didn't bother me too much. Less likely to be stolen. I love mine for bike camping. makes a small camp table or chair to sit on.

      Joe
      http://ninemileskid.blogspot.com/

      On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 5:15 PM, nqr_gal <nqr_gal@...> wrote:

      I got the labels off with what may be an even earth-friendlier product: Citra-Solv concentrate. It took some soaking time, but they came completely off.
      Judi

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, ama3655@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 2/26/2010 4:40:57 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      > dr2chase@... writes:
      >
      > I think you can get the labels off with acetone, if you don't mind the
      > fumes and slightly weakening the plastic (to the extent that you remove it
      > with the label). As solvents go, acetone is one of the friendlier ones --
      > worse than water or ethanol, but better than nearly everything else, in terms
      > of how well we cope with it and how often it is found in nature anyway.
      >
      > David
      >

      > Yeah, I keep acetone around for various uses. It's handy stuff, and pretty
      > benign. Much safer that 1,1,1 trichlorethane, toluene, or hydrazine
      >
      > The spouse still whines when I uncork a can indoors though, it's going to
      > have to wait for some warmer weather.
      >
      > FatRob

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic