11071Re: [rootsradicals] Storage solution

  • ama3655@aol.com
    Feb 26, 2010
      In a message dated 2/26/2010 4:40:57 P.M. Central Standard Time, dr2chase@... writes:
      I think you can get the labels off with acetone, if you don't mind the fumes and slightly weakening the plastic (to the extent that you remove it with the label). As solvents go, acetone is one of the friendlier ones -- worse than water or ethanol, but better than nearly everything else, in terms of how well we cope with it and how often it is found in nature anyway.

      David
      Yeah, I keep acetone around for various uses. It's handy stuff, and pretty benign. Much safer that 1,1,1 trichlorethane, toluene, or hydrazine

      The spouse still whines when I uncork a can indoors though, it's going to have to wait for some warmer weather.

      FatRob
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic