1102Re: [rootsradicals] Big Dummy status

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Jun 1, 2007
      A week or two ago, I emailed Surly and asked them about it. Eric Sovern
      replied, saying late summer to fall. You're right, though, the date
      keeps getting pushed back. He also said that it would be like an
      instigator from seat post tube forward and the color would be something
      subdued. I told him my vote was for black.

      My current bike is instigator-freeradical-stokemonkey. I keep getting
      told in different languages and accents that it's a beautiful bike. It
      surely is. I like the ride, too. Since I got a small instigator frame
      (16 inch seat post tube), however, I had to rig the freeradical so the
      tongue is under the chain stay tube, not over. This arrangement rides
      fine, but keeps working loose and squeaking--and I've already bent the
      FAP. So, I have to work out a jury-rig of some sort to fix it in a more
      permanent way.

      john fracisco wrote:
      > Stay plugged in at http://www.surlybikes.com/surlyblog.html
      > Release date keeps getting pushed back as the design and manufacturing
      > details get worked out.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic