10825Re: Rim Strength Question

  • speedub_nate
    Feb 1, 2010
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, phaedrus at yahoo <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > I'm not as big of a fan of the sun rims, but that's mainly because I
      > can easily change a tire on my Velocities (Nokians M&G in the winter
      > and Schwalbe Big Apple the rest of the year) where I've had a really
      > hard time getting tires (especially the Nokians) on and off the Suns.
      >
      > It might seem a somewhat goofy reason to pick one rim over another,
      > but when I'm cold and tired and hungry, the rim that I can nearly do a
      > tire change without a tool is really preferable.

      No, in my book that's not goofy reasoning at all.  Busted knuckles due to a difficult tire change is one of the bigger buzz kills I can think of, and a reason I swore off Sun rims (yet somehow ended up with Sun Mammoths on the tandem -- stupid me). Never again, AGAIN!
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic