10477Re: [rootsradicals] Re:Hub motor or stokemonkey?

  • Jeff Snavely
    Jan 7, 2010
      Yea, I changed my wife's Big Dummy from an 18 to a 16 at the last minute. That turned out to be a mistake. The stokemonkey fits, but not like it really should. I paid a shop to do it, but had to re-do all of their work when I got it home so I felt the full pain of fitting it in there.

      I am sure my wife appreciates the slightly lower standover, but I would definitely buy the 18 if I were doing it over.

      On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 2:33 AM, Cara Lin Bridgman <shokulan@...> wrote:

      I've got one of the tightest fits of stokemonkey to bike frame. I put a
      stokemonkey on a 16" Surly Instigator frame. There are literally 2-3 mm
      to spare on all three sides and between chain and frame. The only way
      to make it fit was to put tongue of the free-radical below the chain
      stays, not above.

      Sean Moore wrote:
      > Alas, not to be. I just went and measured my bike. Stokemonkey won't
      > fit on my ~19in Bianchi Milano. Chain clearance was close, room in the
      > triangle isn't in the ballpark.
      > --
      > Sean Moore
      > moore.sean@... <mailto:moore.sean@...>