10416Re: [rootsradicals] Re:Hub motor or stokemonkey?

  • Jeff Snavely
    Jan 1, 2010
      A car may drive the wheels as long as your foot is on the gas pedal, but you know not to keep your foot on the gas if you want to slow down.

      Everyone tries to coast a fixie at least once, and most people will try to coast a stokemonkey without lifting the throttle at least once (I have, but my wife hasn't). The stokemonkey is a much less traumatic experience though. Lift the throttle, put your foot back on and keep riding.

      Other than that one incident, I have never felt that my feet were being driven.

      On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Andrew Kreps <andrew.kreps@...> wrote:

      On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Jeff Snavely <jsnavely@...> wrote:

      I fail to see the correlation between a stokemonkey and a fixed gear bike. And I own both.

      A fixed-gear bike, while moving, drives the pedals regardless of the pressure you exert on them.

      A Stokemonkey, while engaged, drives the pedals regardless of the pressure you exert on them.

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic