10119Re: Nuvinci's weight and handling on an Xtracycle

  • adrianquan
    Nov 2, 2009
      It's a standard MTB setup with an Origin8 Space Bar. (It angles your hands a bit but doesn't sweep back, so balance-wise, you're still in the same spot as with a flat bar.) Good to know, though!

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Steve Lange <steve@...> wrote:
      > On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 10:07 PM, adrianquan <aquan@...> wrote:
      > Oddly enough I find that if I really lean forward into the turn, turns feel
      > > easier and more stable.
      > >
      > Do you have a more upright position (cruiser or North Roads - style bar)?
      > That would potential shift the Xtracycle's overall weight distribution
      > rearward (vs. a MTB or road bike style seating position) and hypothetically
      > increase the likelihood of the bike wanting to swap ends when turning.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic