10062Re: [rootsradicals] Minimally lockable cargo area?

    Oct 25, 2009
      On 2009-10-25, at 12:45 PM, Cara Lin Bridgman wrote:

      > How much space does the first load take up? You can search archives
      > for
      > discussions of the xtracycle's SEP field (ala Hitchhiker's Guide to
      > the
      > Galaxy). In other words, can repackage it so it doesn't look so
      > obviously like freshly bought groceries? No one will mess with a
      > garbage bag of leaves, etc.

      Do people really steal groceries? I pretty regularly buy groceries
      first, then beer/wine (here in Massachusetts, those are rarely sold in
      the same store). I don't buy the beer/wine first, but I have never
      had any groceries filched.

      And good grief, there's perhaps $100 worth of tools in a non-descript
      burrito wrap, lashed to the front rack.