See "The Garden" with bonus panel discussion

  • LaserBlast@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2009

      The Garden

      The promoters of The Garden contacted me last week to put together a discussion panel for the film's DC opening this weekend. As you may recall, this is the terrific documentary on the struggle to keep a community garden going in LA that premiered at last year's Silverdocs.

      We'll be at the 7:15pm show this Friday, May 15 at the Landmark E Street Theatre on the corner of 11th and E. The panel discussion will take place immediately following the movie.

      Panelists:
      ~ Katie Rehwaldt, Program Director, Seeds That Grow Hope, America the Beautiful Fund and Co-Coordinator, Rooting DC
      ~ Bea Trickett, Co-coordinator of the Neighborhood Farm Initiative and Rooting DC Urban Gardening Forum
      ~ Vinnie Bevivino, Farm Manager of the Master Peace Community Farm in Riverdale, Maryland

      Bring your questions, concerns, issues etc. If the talk gets really interesting, we will move it out to the theater lobby and then maybe on to a nearby watering hole.

      The Landmark E St theater is at the corner of 11th & E . It is an easy walk from the Metro Center station's 11th & G St exit. And yes, parking is very tough down there esp. on a Friday night.

      I think there is an additional panel talk scheduled for another showing this weekend by another group, but I have not yet heard the details on that.

      Sincerely,
      Kathy Jentz
      Editor/Publisher
      Washington Gardener Magazine
      826 Philadelphia Ave.
      Silver Spring MD 20910
      301-588-6894
      WGardenermag@...
      www.WashingtonGardener.com

      Follow us on:
      http://twitter.com/WDCGardener
      washingtongardener.blogspot.com

      Our mission: to help your Washington, DC, area garden grow better!
      Subscribe today for $20 a year by sending a check to the address above.
      The magazine makes a great gift for gardening friends!

      * Help save paper - do you need to print this email? *