Re: [rootingdcplanning] Save the date: February 19, 2011

  • grace manubay
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2010

      Hi everyone,

      I hope I can participate more this year...

      I think one of the best school locations is McKinley Tech high school.  I've seen a number of things hosted there on weekends.

      However, it would also be nice to have it at a site where there is a school garden...
      Cardozo has the peace garden, but parts of the school might be under construction?  Not sure anymore.  Or what about Thurgood Marshall Academy?  Would people be willing to travel to Anacostia?

      Brent ES would also be a good site, but I'm not sure if they have an auditorium...

      Those are some initial thoughts....

      -grace

      On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Bea Trickett <beatrickett@...> wrote:

      Hi RDC collaborators,

      Katie and I were looking at a calendar yesterday and realized this time last year we had a save the date circulated for Rooting DC.  In keeping with previous years, Rooting DC will be the 3rd Saturday in February, which this year is February 19th!
      It's a long weekend (Presidents' day is the 21st) but that hasn't proved a problem in the past.

      Please save the date!!!  We'll have our first planning meeting near the end of September/early October.

      We're also looking into other locations, potentially renting a DC public school for the day - ideally one with an auditorium and where we can access several classrooms, somewhere metro-accessible, and either in NE or SE DC.  Please let Katie know if you have any suggestions!

      -Bea

      --
      ---
      grace manubay | dc environmental education consortium | 202-236-5856 | gmanubay@...