168One Month!

  • Katie Rehwaldt
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hi Friends,

    Rooting DC is one month away! Its time to start ramping up our exposure and fundraising efforts. I just sent the following message to my friends and family enlisting their help and support:

    Dear Friends and Family,

    We are EXACTLY one month away from Rooting DC 2012, which will be held on Saturday, February 18th at Coolidge High School, hosted for the second year by the awesome Coolidge Alumni Association. In our 5th year (!) you can help make Rooting DC a success!!

    • Like us on Facebook and share the page with your friends
    • Join us on February 2nd at The Looking Glass Lounge for our 5th Anniversary Celebration and Silent Auction Happy Hour (we are still seeking auction items, please let me know if you would like to contribute!)
    • Share the attached flier (beautifully designed by Rebecca Lemos of City Blossoms) via email, facebook and twitter, and please feel free to print and post it at rec centers, libraries, schools or any other community spaces or events
    • Donate, and encourage others to do so as well! Last year we leveraged $3,500 in donations and grant funds into an event valued at $55,000. That means that every $10 donation equals $150 worth of Rooting DC! We pinch every penny, and do so with pride!
    As you know, Rooting DC is an ALL VOLUNTEER organized and run event that is FREE and open to the public.  We are committed to keeping it free because we strongly believe that everyone, without regard to economic status, should have access to resources and information that will help them grow a healthier, happier, more beautiful DC. In our first year, we had about 125 folks show up. Last year, more than 500 attendees, speakers and volunteers gathered to learn from each other, share with each other and build a vibrant urban gardening community. With more than 2 dozen workshops and a gym full of tabelers at the info fair, it is the equivalent to other conferences that cost folks $100-$250 to attend.

    Please feel free to edit, cut and past if you would also like to send it to your personal contacts! I added a mushy close and attached the flier (also attached to this email). If anyone inquires about auction items or shows interest in supporting RDC in a Partner or Sponsor capacity, you can send them the attached sponsorship letter and direct them to me.

    ALSO! We got our first press exposure! My friend who forwarded it to me says that Bisnow is a large and widly respected enewsletter in the fine dining and service industry and she thinks its great exposure!

    And lastly (i think..) I have attached two versions of the save the date hand out. Please print, cut, and hand out with abandon!

    Getting excited and looking forward to seeing you all at the meeting on Monday!