    Jan 10, 2012
      I don't mind helping out too, Kristin!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 10, 2012, at 7:58 PM, Kristin Georger <kristingeorger@...> wrote:

      I'll start a Rooting DC facebook page and @rootingdc twitter feed.

      On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM, <LaserBlast@...> wrote:

      HI all -

      Had a good PR committee conference call today.

      Here are the resulting actions and how YOU can help get the word out:

      Katy N will:
      ~ send press invites to attend and cover RDC
      ~ send a press release/calendar listing to the media
      ~ will attend the 1/12 RDC fundraiser and write a guest blog post on it

      Sonia Z will:
      ~ reach out to local food bloggers to attend and cover RDC as well as publicizing it to their blog readers
      ~ will write a blog post on attending last year's RDC and how great that was

      Kathy J will:
      ~ post event notices and reminders on local DC list servs/yahoo groups
      ~ write a blog post on the exciting RDC speaking program being planned

      Looking for a Volunteer to:
      ~ start a RootingDC Facebook page
      ~ start an @RootingDC Twitter feed and start tweeting (which can link/flow thru to the RDC Facebook page)

      Other ways that YOU can help now and in the coming weeks:
      ~ please start tweeting about RDC using #RootingDC
      ~ RT others' tweets about RDC
      ~ send folks to RootingDC.org for more information as it is available and to register when that opens up
      ~ link to the blog posts (mentioned above) on your blog, tweets, Facebook, Google#, etc.
      ~ write blog posts about RDC and post a link on this yahoo group so we can all link to it

      Other suggestions welcome!

      Sincerely,
      Kathy Jentz
      Editor/Publisher
      Washington Gardener Magazine
      826 Philadelphia Ave.
      Silver Spring MD 20910
      301-588-6894
      WGardenermag@...
      www.WashingtonGardener.com

      Follow us on:
      http://twitter.com/WDCGardener
      facebook.com/WashingtonGardenerMagazine
      washingtongardener.blogspot.com

      Our mission: to help your Washington, DC, area garden grow better!
      Subscribe today for $20 a year by sending a check to the address above.
      The magazine makes a great gift for gardening friends!

      * Help save paper - do you need to print this email? *

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic