160HNY! and NEXT MEETING

  • Katie Rehwaldt
    Jan 5, 2012

    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

    Now that we have all digested and sobered up, lets meet to eat and drink and talk ROOTING DC 2012!!

    In light of our very very tight schedule, we have decided to do a planning check-in/meeting at our next Happy Hour Fundraiser at Madams Organ on Thurs. Jan 12th. I will be there as early as 4:30/5 and the party will go till 8 (or until we leave). Along with what we collect at the door,  Madams Organ will be donating $1/drink and 20% of food sales made between 5-8 so come hungry and bring the rest of your office with you. Free RDC TeeShirt with a $15 (or more) donation at the door!

    Also, bring any updates, questions, concerns etc..to myself and/or Bea. (of course, you can be intouch with us sooner..) IF YOU HAVE NOT FORWARDED CONTACT INFO FOR POTENTIAL PRESENTERS TO BEA YET, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SO ASAP!! Rooting DC is not much fun with out them :)

    I have attached the agenda from the last meeting to jog memories and remind folks of what commitments were made and will include these terribly cryptic notes that I took:

    • Outreach-Farmers Markets?, Katie & Dennis will hit ANC meetings, Sonia and Meagan on social media?
    • Speakers-Sustainable DC-Harriet Trogonig or Director of Planning Brandon Mitchell to give Keynote? (Ibti could help us get to them?) --Small scale production-Barbara Damrish, Indoor/Alternative production-Curtis from Urban Sustainable
    • Send out SAVE THE DATE (ps-Rebecca has produced another beautiful flier for us! should be ready sooooon!)
    • and finally, MUSHROOM IN BOX

    Looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday January 12th at Madams Organ,

    Katie

    Katie Rehwaldt, Program Director Operation Green Plant "Seeds that Grow Hope"America the Beautiful Fund, 725 15th St., NW, Suite 605 Washington, DC 20005 202-638-1649 202-638-2175 fax www.freeseeds.usFIND US ON FACEBOOK! https://www.facebook.com/seedsthatgrowhope