Tea Party: Why We Keep Emailing You - Explanation Inside

  • mary :o)
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11 8:26 PM

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Sal Russo - Tea Party Express <info@...>
      To: basebfamily@...
      Sent: Tue, May 11, 2010 7:45:06 PM
      Subject: Why We Keep Emailing You - Explanation Inside

      Earlier I wrote to you today about the inspiration Ronald Reagan provided to me in my young political career when I worked for him starting on his campaign for Governor of California.

      What I often tell political reporters who ask me about the tea party movement, is that this movement reminds me so much in so many ways of the conservative grass roots movement that began with Goldwater and Reagan in those early days of the late 1960's and early 1970's.

      And here we are today, with hundreds of thousands of you participating in Tea Party Express rallies, writing to Congress, and sending in donations for fiscally responsible candidates.

      It is because so many of you each pitch in to these efforts that they are a success.  And this is important, because the media is watching.  Below is a copy of a story from the Las Vegas Sun by ace political reporter Jon Ralston (who is by no means a conservative) on the impact we are making in our support for Conservative Republican Sharron Angle's campaign in the race to Defeat Harry Reid.

      Once you read this excerpt you'll understand why we keep emailing our supporters asking them for money for this critically important campaign.  The media has recognized this important fact:  if we come through with the financial support of tea party supporters from around the country for Sharron Angle, then she has a good shot of winning.  If we don't then she won't:

      So there you have it folks.  The media is asking if the tea we are offering Angle is caffeinated or not.  Please help us show them that it is.  Make the most generous contribution you can afford online (from as little as $5 to the maximum allowed $5,000) - HERE.

      We  got a boost today from a few donors who contributed $500 and $1,000.  Thank you to them - we'll provide the updated list of $100+ donors in our next email.

      Or mail in a contribution payable to "Tea Party Express" to our headquarters:

      Tea Party Express
      ATTN: Sharron Angle for Senate
      770 L Street #1020
      Sacramento, CA 95814

      **FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO A FRIEND**

      **VIEW EMAIL AS A WEB PAGE**

      This message was intended for: basebfamily@...
      You were added to the system September 17, 2008. For more information
      click here.
      Update your preferences | Unsubscribe