Azeras cun caxa

  • Adam Walker
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2004
      1 azera pizinida
      3 cocuerunis djul burru
      1 cocueridi djul cojindru
      1 cocueridi djul chi�amomu
      1 taxta djil lapi
      � taxta djal pa�a
      2 pidzigunis djal caxa vindrinza impadadu

      Livachi in juna cacha ul burru. Inadi al azera
      pizinida. Fridji jid para 2-3 minutus. Inadi ils
      spechis. Inadi il lapi ed al pa�a. Fali cocheri.
      Inadi al caxa impadadu. Miscui gata ad avins
      livachudu ed servi.

      This recipe is typical Carraxan breakfast food.
      Banans with cheese. Caxa vindrinza (Vindrinzian
      cheese) is the typical cheese of Vindrinzi (the old
      Roman town of Veneriensis). It is a somewhat salty
      crumbling cheese like the greek feta or Mexican
      cotija. It must be eaten steaming hot or it gets
      gluey like cold grits or cold oat meal. The saltiness
      of the cheese and the sweetness of the bananas
      compliment each other nicely. Give it a try!

      Adamu

      =====
      Indjindrud edjuebu ul Ozias ad ul Jotam. Indjindrud edjuebu ul Jotam ad ul Acaz. Indjindrud edjuebu ul Acaz ad ul Ezecias. Indjindrud edjuebu ul Ezecias ad ul Manases. Indjindrud edjuebu ul Manases ad ul Amos. Indjindrud edjuebu ul Amos ad ul Josias.

      Machu 1:9-10
    • Christian Thalmann
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2004
        --- In romconlang@yahoogroups.com, Adam Walker <carrajena@y...> wrote:

        > This recipe is typical Carraxan breakfast food.
        > Banans with cheese.

        Sounds kinda weird. Don't know whether I'd like it... but
        Banana milk on the other hand is great for breakfast.

        Here's the recipe in Jovian. I'll have to make a few
        hair-raising assumptions about certain words, so it might end
        up inedible. ;-)

        Bananes cun Caesu
        [b@'na:nS kuN gajz]

        1 banane contxada [u:n v@na:n kAn'tSa:d]
        3 coeglara bueder [trej ga'gla:r 'vy@d@r]
        1 liola coerander [u:m bli@l ga'rand@r]
        1 liola ciommun [u:m bli@l 'gimm@]
        1 tassa lac [u:n das lax]
        1/4 tassa crema [@ gard das gre:m]
        2 ?!? feta condridu [du@ ?!? 'fe:ta gan'dri:d]

        Lioga id bueder in an paenda. Adde en banane
        [li@g ib 'by@d@r in @m 'bEnd ad em b@'na:n]

        contxada. Assa id 2-3 minudae. Adde eas
        [kAn'tSa:d as id du at trej vi'nu:de ad @z]

        wuertsae. Adde id lac ed en crema. Faege id
        ['vyrtse ad i blax e deN gre:m fajg i]

        ferver. Adde en feta condridu. Misce id uscad
        ['fErv@r ad em 'pe:ta gAn'dri:d miSk i duSk@]

        ix liogade, ed mintra.
        [diS li'ga:d e 'mint@r]

        -- Christian Thalmann
      • Adam Walker
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2004
          --- Christian Thalmann <cinga@...> wrote:
          > --- In romconlang@yahoogroups.com, Adam Walker
          > <carrajena@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > This recipe is typical Carraxan breakfast food.
          > > Banans with cheese.
          >
          > Sounds kinda weird. Don't know whether I'd like
          > it... but
          > Banana milk on the other hand is great for
          > breakfast.
          >
          > Here's the recipe in Jovian. I'll have to make a
          > few
          > hair-raising assumptions about certain words, so it
          > might end
          > up inedible. ;-)

          LOL Well, what with the number of odd words in this
          recipe I think you did quite well at decoding it.

          > Bananes cun Caesu
          > [b@'na:nS kuN gajz]

          Title's correct.

          > 1 banane contxada [u:n v@na:n kAn'tSa:d]

          If "contxada" means mashed, you got it.

          > 3 coeglara bueder [trej ga'gla:r 'vy@d@r]

          I believe that's right.

          > 1 liola coerander [u:m bli@l ga'rand@r]
          > 1 liola ciommun [u:m bli@l 'gimm@]

          You've got the right spices. If "liola" is teaspoon,
          you got it.

          > 1 tassa lac [u:n das lax]
          > 1/4 tassa crema [@ gard das gre:m]

          Just so.

          > 2 ?!? feta condridu [du@ ?!? 'fe:ta gan'dri:d]

          The "?!?" is one of the odd words. The C-a original
          means a big (four-fingered) pinch.

          > Lioga id bueder in an paenda. Adde en banane
          > [li@g ib 'by@d@r in @m 'bEnd ad em b@'na:n]
          >
          > contxada. Assa id 2-3 minudae. Adde eas
          > [kAn'tSa:d as id du at trej vi'nu:de ad @z]

          Assa means fry?

          > wuertsae.

          And this is spices?

          >Adde id lac ed en crema. Faege id
          > ['vyrtse ad i blax e deN gre:m fajg i]
          >
          > ferver. Adde en feta condridu. Misce id uscad
          > ['fErv@r ad em 'pe:ta gAn'dri:d miSk i duSk@]

          Ferver is boil, right?

          > ix liogade, ed mintra.
          > [diS li'ga:d e 'mint@r]
          >

          > -- Christian Thalmann

          Neat-o.

          Adam

          =====

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2004
            --- In romconlang@yahoogroups.com, Adam Walker <carrajena@y...> wrote:

            > > 1 banane contxada [u:n v@na:n kAn'tSa:d]
            >
            > If "contxada" means mashed, you got it.

            Nope... I nearly chose mashed, but in the end decided in
            favor of sliced since the C-a word felt cognate to "piece",
            "pezzo" etc.

            Mashed would be |tusa|. |Contxare| is from |consecare|, "to
            cut into pieces".

            > > 1 liola coerander [u:m bli@l ga'rand@r]
            > > 1 liola ciommun [u:m bli@l 'gimm@]
            >
            > You've got the right spices. If "liola" is teaspoon,
            > you got it.

            Yep. I think the Latin word is "ligula".

            > > 2 ?!? feta condridu [du@ ?!? 'fe:ta gan'dri:d]
            > >

            > The "?!?" is one of the odd words. The C-a original
            > means a big (four-fingered) pinch.

            Hmmm... I'll have to check my dictionary. Maybe I could
            use |suntu|, from "sumptus"? Thinking of it, my initial
            translation should have been |dexicod|, "god-knows-what".
            ;-)

            BTW, is |condridu| "crumbled/grated" right?

            > Assa means fry?
            >
            > > wuertsae.
            >
            > And this is spices?

            Yes. The latter is from German.

            > Ferver is boil, right?

            Yep.

            -- Christian Thalmann
          • Adam Walker
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 4, 2004
              --- Christian Thalmann <cinga@...> wrote:
              > --- In romconlang@yahoogroups.com, Adam Walker
              > <carrajena@y...> wrote:
              >
              > > > 1 banane contxada [u:n v@na:n kAn'tSa:d]
              > >
              > > If "contxada" means mashed, you got it.
              >
              > Nope... I nearly chose mashed, but in the end
              > decided in
              > favor of sliced since the C-a word felt cognate to
              > "piece",
              > "pezzo" etc.

              Actually, piziniri is from the Greek piezein.

              > Mashed would be |tusa|. |Contxare| is from
              > |consecare|, "to
              > cut into pieces".

              Hmm. Consecare would be a good word for C-a to have
              -- cunzegari. Yeah, I like that. Thanks!

              > > > 2 ?!? feta condridu [du@ ?!? 'fe:ta gan'dri:d]
              > > >

              > > The "?!?" is one of the odd words. The C-a
              > original
              > > means a big (four-fingered) pinch.
              >
              > Hmmm... I'll have to check my dictionary. Maybe I
              > could
              > use |suntu|, from "sumptus"? Thinking of it, my
              > initial
              > translation should have been |dexicod|,
              > "god-knows-what".
              > ;-)

              I don't have a way of saying that yet either.
              Requires thought. . .

              > BTW, is |condridu| "crumbled/grated" right?

              Crumbled, yes. Grated, I'm not sure.

              Wow. You navigated that mess with only one minor
              mistake! And chopped vs. mashed is not that big a
              difference since the frying process will probably
              mangle the banana pretty well either way.

              Adam who is quite impressed

              =====
              Indjindrud edjuebu ul Josias ad ul Jeconias ed ils sus frarris in il deporrachuni in al Bavilu�a, ed debostu il deporrachuni in al Bavilu�a, indjindrud ul Jeconias ad ul Salatil. Indjindrud edjuebu ul Salatiel ad ul Zorubaviu. Indjindrud edjuebu ul Zorobaviu ad ul Abiud. Indjindrud edjuebu ul Abiud ad ul Eliacim. Indjindrud edjuebu ul Eliacim ad ul Azor.

              Machu 1:11-13
            • habarakhe4
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 5, 2004
                --- In romconlang@yahoogroups.com, Adam Walker <carrajena@y...> wrote:

                > --- Christian Thalmann <cinga@g...> wrote:
                > > --- In romconlang@yahoogroups.com, Adam Walker

                > Mashed would be |tusa|.

                From the past participle of tundo?

                |Contxare| is from
                > > |consecare|, "to
                > > cut into pieces".
                >
                > Hmm. Consecare would be a good word for C-a to have
                > -- cunzegari. Yeah, I like that. Thanks!

                cauxcat [koS"kat] - works in Uchunata, too.

                <snip>
                > I don't have a way of saying that yet either.
                > Requires thought. . .
                >
                > > BTW, is |condridu| "crumbled/grated" right?
                > >

                > Crumbled, yes. Grated, I'm not sure.

                If it's from contritus, twould be konchitau, a [k8n"t_Sit-]

                > =====
                > Indjindrud edjuebu ul Josias ad ul Jeconias ed ils sus frarris in
                il deporrachuni in al Baviluña, ed debostu il deporrachuni in al
                Baviluña, indjindrud ul Jeconias ad ul Salatil. Indjindrud edjuebu