Re: [romconlang] Re: Parra verbs and philology (Was: Conversations here)

  • BPJ
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 11, 2013
      On 2013-02-10 23:27, Ben Karnell wrote:
      > But I have used some of that information through analogy; for example, Algiers LF used Arabic for its numerals, so I have used Crimean Tatar for most of Parra's numerals.

      That's funny as people in Algeria and Tunisia nowadays tend to use
      French numerals in their Arabic!

      /bpj
    • Ben Karnell
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
        --- In romconlang@yahoogroups.com, BPJ <bpj@...> wrote:

        > On 2013-02-10 23:27, Ben Karnell wrote:
        > > But I have used some of that information through analogy; for example, Algiers LF used Arabic for its numerals, so I have used Crimean Tatar for most of Parra's numerals.
        >
        > That's funny as people in Algeria and Tunisia nowadays tend to use
        > French numerals in their Arabic!

        Indeed, and I know that Romance-based numerals persisted in certain London street cants for many years. Lingua Franca was spotty and inconsistent by nature. I tried to reflect that by keeping Romance numerals for 2 (du), 3 (teré), 4 (vatro), 20 (venti), and 100 (sente), but using Turkic numerals elsewhere.
        - Ben