Historical Phonology and Morphology of the Spanish Language

  • BPJ
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2012
      I found this on Googlo Books yesterday and thought it may be
      interesting. The changes from classical to vulgar Latin
      are well described, taking other Rmc languages into consideration.

      <http://books.google.com/books?id=oSzzpvHCLT0C&lpg=PP1&dq=the+spanish+language>

      /bpj
    • Carl Edlund Anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2012
        On 13 Sep 2012, at 05:01 , BPJ <bpj@...> wrote:
        > I found this on Googlo Books yesterday and thought it may be
        > interesting. The changes from classical to vulgar Latin
        > are well described, taking other Rmc languages into consideration.
        >

        > <http://books.google.com/books?id=oSzzpvHCLT0C&lpg=PP1&dq=the+spanish+language>
        >
        > /bpj

        Nice! It's only USD 30 on Amazon, as well, and so shouldn't break the bank unduly. Looks like a good complement to Ralph Penny's book on Spanish, and so handy for those of us rummaging about in Ibero-Romance!

        Cheers,
        Carl

        --
        Carl Edlund Anderson
        http://www.carlaz.com/
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2012
          On Sep 13, 2012, at 5:01 AM, BPJ wrote:

          > I found this on Googlo Books yesterday and thought it may be
          > interesting. The changes from classical to vulgar Latin
          > are well described, taking other Rmc languages into consideration.
          >

          > <http://books.google.com/books?id=oSzzpvHCLT0C&lpg=PP1&dq=the+spanish+language>

          Oh! I picked that up many years ago at a university book store. It's quite good.

          I also enjoyed Lathrop's _Curso de gramatica historica espaƱola_.