Re: [romconlang] Re: In which groups can romlangs be devided?

  • BPJ
    Message 1 of 18 , May 1 11:22 AM
      2011-04-30 20:45, Deiniol Jones skrev:
      > Benct's Rhodrese, for example, is a major inspiration to me.

      Buò Sair!

      It's heartening indeed to return from the dark woods to
      get such praise! I only wish I had time to work on Rhodrese,
      not to mention the Really Hopeless Project: an historical
      grammar of Rhodrese -- in Rhodrese, or Burgendish, the
      Germanic Sprachbund-language of Old Rhodrese. Although I
      sometimes feel that Rh. is too close to being just Provençal
      with diphthongization (Prov. *has* been a major inspiration
      in the later real-time development of Rh.) it actually has taken
      on a life of its own and gone a long way from my first attempt
      at a pleasing (to me) synthesis/compromise between French and
      Italian nearly thirty years ago! BTW yourself was of major help
      in sorting out the great crux of how to spell the many platals
      of Rh., as I believe you will remember. So maote mercair both
      for the praise and the orthographic assistance!

      /Bendétx
    • thomasruhm
      Message 2 of 18 , May 2 12:20 PM
        Did you make names for sausages? We could use them for more than one languages and change them a bit. Big word fields are hard to do alone.
      • thomasruhm
        Message 3 of 18 , May 5 9:09 AM
          Should we use Swadesh's word list to compare the languages? Usually I would plant names better but I think in many languages they would be based on botanical latin.

          /Thomas