Re: Frase Babel Text!

  • spad0103
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
      The Babel text in French is weird, it's not a good version...
      Frase sounds like a kind of creole... you should maybe replace q by a '.
      Eqosi => E'osi (et aussi in French).
    • habarakhe4
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
        --- In romconlang@yahoogroups.com, "spad0103" <spad0103@...> wrote:

        > The Babel text in French is weird, it's not a good version...

        What's a good version then? And anyway, I'm using it for contrast
        rather than literary quality.

        > Frase sounds like a kind of creole... you should maybe replace q by
        a '.
        > Eqosi => E'osi (et aussi in French).

        No.
      • spad0103
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
          > > The Babel text in French is weird, it's not a good version...
          >
          > What's a good version then? And anyway, I'm using it for contrast
          > rather than literary quality.

          Where did you get this version? Some parts are wrong (e.g.
          using "campagne", which means "countryside", instead of "terre", which
          means "earth").
          Look at the versions on http://www.omniglot.com/babel/french.htm

          How do you define your language?