Atwaopal Frase?

  • habarakhe4
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2006
      In my Ennead Future History, I have decided to develop Hegemonic, the
      base of most of the others, from French, from the forms 'as for
      [person], one [verb], and a denasalized, five-vowel system, and
      agglutinative prefixes

      Thus:

      opal 'speak'

      amwaopal 'I speak'
      atwaopal 'thou'
      alwiopal 'he'
      aelopal 'she'
      anuzopal 'we'
      avuzopal 'you'
      aeopal 'they (M)'
      aelopal 'they (F)'

      Makaryan (a =@)
      amwa:par 'I speak'
      atwa:par 'thou'
      arvyapar 'he'
      a:rapar 'she'
      anuzapar 'we'
      auzapar 'you'
      a:par 'they (M)'
      a:rapar 'they (F)'

      Platynesian
      amaupal 'I speak'
      ataupal 'thou'
      alviupal 'he'
      aoilupal 'she'
      anyupal 'we'
      ayupal 'you'
      aoiupal 'they (M)'
      aoilupal 'they (F)'

      Elpidian
      amvavepal 'I speak'
      atvavepal 'thou'
      aivyivepal 'he'
      ayelvepal 'she'
      anuzvepal 'we'
      avuzvepal 'you'
      ayevepal 'they (M)'
      ayelvepal 'they (F)'
    • italocarune
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
        This is a rather random thought, but upon reading the initial post,
        the thought came to me that rather than messing around with a Germanic
        preterite, you could do the whole verb system in the present:

        Present indicative: as you have it.
        Present subjunctive: however you want.
        Future indicative: a Germanic construction, or possibly a Spanishesque
        "to be going to do something"
        Past indicative: perfect. The descendent of habere and the past
        (perfect?) participle of the verb
        The subjunctives would be the present subjunctive of whatever
        auxiliaries you choose for the past and future plus whatever form of
        the verb (participle, infinitive, etc.).

        Sorry for this random interruption. I wish I knew enough about the
        Germanic languages to make a mix like this. Keep up the good work!

        Ciao,
        Sectori