Uchunate: The Bird and the Mouse

  • habarakhe4
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2005
      Classical Fortunatian
      Fsa ab pich mattunar, fsa carft fsau borm;
      Fsa mux pech xcuta, fsa carft fsau quex.
      [fsa'ab pit_S mattu'nar] ['fsa 'karft fso'b8rm]
      [fsa'muS pet_S 'Skuta] ['fsa karft fso'keS]
      The early bird gets the worm;
      the mouse that follows gets the cheese.
    • Jan van Steenbergen
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2005
        --- Theophilus skrzypszy:

        > Classical Fortunatian
        > Fsa ab pich mattunar, fsa carft fsau borm;
        > Fsa mux pech xcuta, fsa carft fsau quex.
        > [fsa'ab pit_S mattu'nar] ['fsa 'karft fso'b8rm]
        > [fsa'muS pet_S 'Skuta] ['fsa karft fso'keS]
        > The early bird gets the worm;
        > the mouse that follows gets the cheese.

        Okay, I already did that one on Conculture, but I guess with our
        current silence there's nothing wrong with repeating it here:

        [manual switch to UTF-8]

        Wenedyk:
        "Uczół dzieman kata wrzem, uta skąd murz oczewie każ."

        Jan

        "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito."

        http://steen.free.fr/

        .

      • Christian Thalmann
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2005
          --- In romconlang@yahoogroups.com, "habarakhe4" <theophilus88@h...> wrote:
          > Classical Fortunatian
          > Fsa ab pich mattunar, fsa carft fsau borm;
          > Fsa mux pech xcuta, fsa carft fsau quex.
          > [fsa'ab pit_S mattu'nar] ['fsa 'karft fso'b8rm]
          > [fsa'muS pet_S 'Skuta] ['fsa karft fso'keS]
          > The early bird gets the worm;
          > the mouse that follows gets the cheese.

          Good ole Jovian:

          Mautine ja aeve caeve en veirme,
          sed xunde ih mure cive en caesu.

          [mo'ti:n jajv kajv em mErm]
          [se tSund i mu:r ki:v eN gajz]

          Of course, the more traditional form of the first
          part would be the rhyme:

          Mautine a aeve, un veirme ja caeve.
          [mo'ti:n @ 'najv @m 'mErm j@ 'kajv]
          "An early bird, a worm she catches."

          -- Christian Thalmann
        • habarakhe4
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2005
            wrote:
            > Classical Fortunatian (Uchunata)
            > Fsa ab pich mattunar, fsa carft fsau borm;
            > Fsa mux pech xcuta, fsa carft fsau quex.
            > [fsa'ab pit_S mattu'nar] ['fsa 'karft fso'b8rm]
            > [fsa'muS pet_S 'Skuta] ['fsa karft fso'keS]
            > The early bird gets the worm;
            > the mouse that follows gets the cheese.

            Modern Fortunatian (Ausaunada < Uchunata)
            Tha av pes mataunar, tha card tha barm;
            Tha mus pe`s scuda, tha card tha ques.
            [Ta'aB pes mato'n_dar] ['Ta 'kard TA'barm]
            [Ta'mus pEs 'skuda] ['Ta kard TA'kes]