Pro-Life Official 'Gratified' At Arrest Of Suspected Abortion Practitioner Kille

  • right2life@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 1:48 PM
      Pro-Life Official 'Gratified' At Arrest Of Suspected Abortion Practitioner
      Killer
      Source: National Conference of Catholic Bishops; March 29, 2001

      Washington, DC -- Cathleen Cleaver, director of planning and information
      for the pro-life secretariat of the National Conference of Catholic
      Bishops, issued a statement following a report today that the man
      suspected of the 1998 killing of abortion doctor Barnett Slepian had been
      arrested in France. This is the text of the statement:

      "We are gratified by the prospect of the suspected killer of Dr. Barnett
      Slepian being brought to justice. Every human life has inestimable value,
      and no one has the right to kill.

      "We unequivocally condemn the use of violence to oppose abortion. The
      violence of killing in the name of pro-life makes a mockery of the
      pro-life cause. Just as we abhor the violence of abortion, we abhor
      violence as a means to stop abortion.

      "We regard such lethal violence with utter disdain, and acknowledge with
      deep regret how the deplorable actions of a very few can stigmatize the
      pro-life cause in the eyes of many. As the late Cardinal O'Connor once
      said: 'To imply ... that to preach, to teach, to write, to proclaim a
      pro-life position is somehow to encourage or to condone violence is
      calumny.'"

      --
      Please speak up against abortion-related violence. Those who enagage in
      abortion violence are like abortion advocates in that they believe