Roman Days Canada?

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      I'm tossing the idea around of holding a Roman Days in Canada, probably in the Niagara
      Falls area on the Canadian side (obviously) some time in 2008. I'm trying to work it out so
      that:

      A) I don't overlap any existing events

      B) I avoid the tourist season and thus higher costs for possible area use and certainly
      accomodations.

      C) have a good attendance by US legions

      What do you guys think? A decent number of groups dwell within an 8-10 hour drive...but
      I'd like to make it worth people's while to come here, so there is always the possibility of
      some type of activity during the night or one of the days depending on the week-end of
      doing touristy stuff. I did the same thing when we had the RAT round-up last year.

      What do you guys think of just the idea?

      Magnus/Matt
    • Richard Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        I know Allison would like to do that. I think you could count us in.

      • debfuller@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007

          > B) I avoid the tourist season and thus higher costs for possible area use and
          > certainly accomodations.
          I think this is a great idea and woud love to come but isn't non-tourist season in Canada like cold and colder, eh?

          ;)

          Deb
        • mlanteigne@sympatico.ca
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
            Hahahahaha...actually you can thank global warming for mild fall weather. We
            had great temperatures right up into late October and early November these
            past couple of years, so something in early October or late September is
            certainly feasible temperature-wise. The biggest hurdle then is the remnants
            of any hurricanes that are produced...we often get a couple days of solid
            rain from those.

            Magnus/Matt