Salve!!

  • Joshua B. Davis
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2006
      Greeting everyone!!

      My name is Joshua Davis, just call me Josh, I am a member of three
      different Roman era groups. I am a member of Legio VI FFC in
      Charleston, SC. I am the Chieftain of The Cherusci Tribe, a 3rd
      century Germanic group in Charleston, SC. Last but certainly not
      least a gladiator in the Albvs Leo Lvdvs.

      I have never been to Roman Days but have been asked by a couple of
      people if I was going and if I would come. I am undecided at the
      moment if I will go or not but am interested in what the talk is all
      about.

      I know my interest in rising more and more each day in the interest
      of gladiators. I have now a total of five public fights under my
      helmet. I have only won one of those fights but my teachers tell me
      I am getting better. My teachers are Marty,(Marivs, the Slayer of
      Syracuse) and Martin,(Martivs, the Basher from Britiania). I am told
      they are quite well known. For the moment I do a Secutor and
      unmounted Essadarii impression.

      Josh
      Marivs Agorivs Donatvs
      Legio VI FFC

      Goliathrix
      Cheif, Cherusci Tribe

      Joshua, the Gargantuan from Galilee
      Albvs Leo Lvdvs Gladitoria
    • debfuller@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 6, 2006
        COME!! We need more gladiators!!! (And will politely tolerate more barbarians.  ;)

        deb

        From: "Joshua B. Davis" <goliathrix@...>

        > Greeting everyone!!
        >
        > My name is Joshua Davis, just call me Josh, I am a member of three
        > different Roman era groups. I am a member of Legio VI FFC in
        > Charleston, SC. I am the Chieftain of The Cherusci Tribe, a 3rd
        > century Germanic group in Charleston, SC. Last but certainly not
        > least a gladiator in the Albvs Leo Lvdvs.
        >
        > I have never been to Roman Days but have been asked by a couple of
        > people if I was going and if I would come. I am undecided at the
        > moment if I will go or not but am interested in what the talk is all
        > about.
        >
        > I know my interest in rising more and more each day in the interest
        > of gladiators. I have now a total of five public fights under my
        > helmet. I have only won one of those fights but my teachers tell me
        > I am getting better. My teachers are Marty,(Marivs, the Slayer of
        > Syracuse) and Martin,(Martivs, the Basher from Britiania). I am told
        > they are quite well known. For the moment I do a Secutor and
        > unmounted Essadarii impression.
        >
        > Josh
        > Marivs Agorivs Donatvs
        > Legio VI FFC
        >
        > Goliathrix
        > Cheif, Cherusci Tribe
        >
        > Joshua, the Gargantuan from Galilee
        > Albvs Leo Lvdvs Gladitoria
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)

        &g t; <*> To change settings via email:
        > mailto:romandays-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > mailto:romandays-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Robert Wear
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 6, 2006

          First off, Josh you definitely need to come to Roman Days. Our group will be there again in 2007.

          But also, Is anyone from Legio XX coming to the Pompeii event in Mobile , Alabama ? And if you aren’t, WHY NOT? Haha. Just curious who’s coming.

          Sextus Galerius Dolabella

          (Robert Wear)

          LEGIO V ALAUDAE

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 2006
            I'm still waffling as I already have 2 weekends booked in Feb already and 3 are gone in January. I thought things would be slow during the Winter. *sigh*

            deb

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 7, 2006
              No more waffling, Deb, you have to come, all the fun people are going.

              Regards,

              Julie
              La Wren's Nest

              friends module.
            • debfuller@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 7, 2006
                But Dan Peterson is going to be there and I'll spend most of my time resisting the urge to throttle him....

                deb  :)
                From: "Julie Brooks" <Lawrensnest@...>

                > No more waffling, Deb, you have to come, all the fun people are going.
                >

                > Regards,
                >
                > Julie
                > La Wren's Nest
                >

                > >From: debfuller@...
                > >To: romandays@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: RE: [romandays] Salve!!
                > >Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 03:17:47 +0000
                > >
                > >I'm still waffling as I already have 2 weekends booked in Feb already and 3
                > >are gone in January. I thought things would be slow during the Winter.
                > >*sigh*
                > >
                > >deb
                &g t; >
                > >First off, Josh you definitely need to come to Roman Days. Our group will
                > >be there again in 2007.
                > >
                > >But also, Is anyone from Legio XX coming to the Pompeii event in Mobile,
                > >Alabama? And if you aren���t, WHY NOT? Haha. Just curious who���s coming.
                > >
                > >Sextus Galerius Dolabella
                > >(Robert Wear)
                > >LEGIO V ALAUDAE

              • tom mcquillan
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 7, 2006
                  Hi All

                  For those of you that bought the miniature Roman figures (Warriors Of the World) off me in June at Roman Days, the next wave have just arrived after a 6 month wait. You can see them by following this link: http://www.tommystoystore.shoppingcartsplus.com/page/page/3212940.htm

                  They will make a GREAT gift for someone :)

                  Happy Holidays to you all and see you in May.

                  Tom
                  Tommy's Toys

                  From: "Julie Brooks" <Lawrensnest@ hotmail.com>

                  > No more waffling, Deb, you have to come, all the fun people are going.
                  >

                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Julie
                  > La Wren's Nest
                  >

                  > >From: debfuller@comcast. net
                  > >To: romandays@yahoogrou ps.com
                  > >Subject: RE: [romandays] Salve!!
                  > >Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 03:17:47 +0000
                  > >
                  > >I'm still waffling as I already have 2 weekends booked in Feb already and 3
                  > >are gone in January. I thought things would be slow during the Winter.
                  > >*sigh*
                  > >
                  > >deb
                  &g t; >

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 7, 2006
                    Deb,

                    Heh heh.

                    Our joke from the Nashville gig a few years ago is: How many Roman
                    Reenactors does it take to put up the new Roman Centurion tent?

                    Answer: none, because none of them could figure it out including the
                    designer, Dan Peterson. We sent them to dinner and my husband and I had the
                    tent up by the time they got back.

                    Regards,

                    Julie
                    La Wren's Nest

                    >From: debfuller@...
                    >To: romandays@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: RE: [romandays] Salve!!
                    >Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:37:03 +0000
                    >
                    >But Dan Peterson is going to be there and I'll spend most of my time
                    >resisting the urge to throttle him....
                    >
                    >deb :)
                    >From: "Julie Brooks" <Lawrensnest@...>
                    >
                    > > No more waffling, Deb, you have to come, all the fun people are going.
                    > >

                    > > Regards,
                    > >
                    > > Julie
                    > > La Wren's Nest
                    > >

                    > > >From: debfuller@...
                    > > >To: romandays@yahoogroups.com
                    > > >Subject: RE: [romandays] Salve!!
                    > > >Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 03:17:47 +0000
                    > > >
                    > > >I'm still waffling as I already have 2 weekends booked in Feb already
                    >and 3
                    > > >are gone in January. I thought things would be slow during the Winter.
                    > > >*sigh*
                    > > >
                    > > >deb

                    Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces friends
                    list.