Roman Days Meeting Minutes and Draft Schedule

  • debsfuller
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2004
      Salve!

      While some of you vacationed, the fearless planners of Roman Days had
      a meeting (and ate some yummy hamburgers and cookies too!)

      I'll be posting the meeting minutes as soon as Rich and Allison look
      them over to make sure I haven't forgotten anything on them. But
      below is a draft schedule of Roman Days 2005. The big changes this
      year are arrival and set-up on Thursday for those that can make it, a
      Thursday evening informal social and bbq, school programs on Friday,
      the mini-symposium on Friday evening (provided we can get the speaker
      and the funding), and a Roman lie-down dinner on Saturday (provided
      that Merlinia agrees to cook for all of ya'll. :)

      More info on the school programs will follow in another message but
      here's the first draft schedule.

      Draft Schedule for Roman Days
      Thursday
      Arrival and basic set-up
      Evening social and bbq

      Friday
      9am – Adlocutio and set up for school programs
      9:30am-10am – School groups arrive
      11am-11:45ish – Field demo I
      12:00 – Lunch in camp
      1:00 – Field demo II
      2:00 – School groups leave
      2:00-4:00 – Down time
      4:00-6:00 - Dinner (on your own or wagon train to local restaurants)
      6:00-9:30 – Roman symposium 1-2 speakers with Q&A afterwards

      Saturday
      10-4 Roman Days open to the public
      6ish – Roman lay-down dinner for all participants

      Sunday
      10-4 Roman Days open to the public

      Also in the database section of the yahoogroups (if you don't know
      how to get to it, let me know) there will be a list of local and non-
      local academics that we want to personally invite to the symposium.
      If you know of anyone else that you want to add to the list, please
      be our guest.

      Deb
      Caesarinae Dies Romanorum