EVENT: Roman Market Day, Sept 18-19, Wells, Maine

  • cassius622@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 6:07 PM
      Salvete,

      Just wanted to post an update on Roman Market Day, which will be held in Wells, Maine on September 18 and 19. (Website address at: www.romanmarketday.com .)

      Roman Market Day is being held at Harbor Park in Wells, a large oceanside city park that routinely attracts crowds of 1,000 or more for other events. This location is about half an hour south from last years event and has excellent easy access, as it is just off Exit 19 on US Rt. 95, and just off US Rt. 1.

      So far the event is shaping up nicely! We will have a Legionary encampment, the Ludus Magnus gladiatorial troupe will be putting on shows, there will be Roman siege engines on site, and we hope to have at least one Roman chariot on display as well. There will of course be vendors and food, as well as children's activities and other various Roman themed presentations.

       We're expecting a crowd of around 1,000 people this year, and are still looking for reenactors, vendors, staff volunteers, and people who can attend in Roman garb to help fill out the crowd. We're trying to fill a lot of ground here so everyone is welcome!

      If you can make the weekend or even one of the days, and would like to reenact, vend some sort of Roman themed item(s) or service, or volunteer to help out, please contact me before September 1st at: Cassius622@....

      Also, I have borrowed an excellent idea from the presenters of the Roman Days event held annually in Bowie, Maryland, and set up a Discussion list for the Roman Market Days event, which may be found at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RomanMarketDays/  please feel free to subscribe if you're planning to attend and want the latest news, etc!

      We look forward to seeing you at this year's Roman Market Days!

      Valete,

      Marcus Cassius Julianus