Re: Riversdale alternatives

  • richsc53
    Message 1 of 51 , May 20, 2013
      The commercial Virginia Renfaire died some years ago. This new group is doing it differently: they are a non-profit. They apparently took the "best" performers and created an educational 501c3 organization.

      --- In romandays@yahoogroups.com, Marsh Wise <marsh@...> wrote:

      > Whatever happened to the old VA RenFaire site? That was awesome... Wife
      > and I used to go when were in VA. One of the better ones.
      >
      > On 5/19/2013 9:56 PM, richsc53 wrote:
      > >
      > > GMU is much more central, and a great idea if they still have that
      > > space. They may have built over it. Still, they have asked us back so
      > > I will check the site out. Yes, the group doing the new version of the
      > > Va Ren faire are really interesting. I will be in touch with them.
      > > They are doing it on a winery's grounds, which is a great tie in and a
      > > write off for the winery.
      > >
      > > --- In romandays@yahoogroups.com <mailto:romandays%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > Marsh Wise <marsh@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > What about Fredericksburg? Maybe down by where they used to have the VA
      > > > Ren Faire? Still, could we go back to GMU? That was the busiest RD and
      > > > it has the ability to really reach people. It's not in a ghetto and
      > > > there ARE many in VA who care about the classics. A win-win. Except for
      > > > Riverdale Mansion. However, they can't draw people there. Sadly.
      > > > Marsh

      > > all

      > > visitors as

      > > <mailto:romandays%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > <mailto:romandays%40yahoogroups.com>,

      > > weapons

      > > <mailto:romandays%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:romandays%40yahoogroups.com>

      > > NCR

      > > gate as

      > > vendors on

      > > that one

      > > 05/19/13
      > > > >

      > > > --
      > > > *´¨)
      > > > ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
      > > > (¸.·´ (¸.·'*Marsh
      > > > -----------------------------
      > > > Marsh Wise
      > > > Webmaster:
      > > > -reenactor.Net: <http://www.reenactor.net/>
      > > >
      > > > Read my Blog (bore yourself): <http://www.reppledepple.com>
      > > >
      > > > -Legio IX Hispana <http://www.legioix.org>
      > > > -1./Infanterie-Regiment 23 <http://www.ir23.org>
      > > >
      > > > Assistant Webmaster:
      > > > -VAQ-33 Squadron site: <http://www.reenactor.net/vaq-33/>
      > > >
      > > > Netscape Aim/AOL screen name: Sturmkatze
      > > >
      > > > Yahoo Messenger screen name: sturmkatze
      > > >
      > > > Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt
      > > >
      > > > "A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to
      > > abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton
      > > >
      > > > Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of
      > > Congress.... But then I repeat myself. ~Mark Twain
      > > >
      > > > *Last: Hey Dammit! Have you visited the reenactor.Net FORvMS? If
      > > not, WHY NOT?
      > > > Gett your butt over to: <http://www.reenactor.net/forums/index.php>
      > > right now!
      > > >
      > > > -=<www.sturmkatze.com>=-
      > > >

      > > No virus found in this message.
      > >

      > --
      > *´¨)
      > Marsh Wise
      > Webmaster:
> [...]
    • lynn rogers
      Message 51 of 51 , May 20, 2013
        speaking for my self  this year was a loss I didn't sell enough to cover my expenses I sold a few coins and very little
        leather good due the fact that their were so few people visiting the park
        Lynn